title

title
Photo by Don Kellogg

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Gob Squad's Kitchen

 It's hard to describe this amazing work - it's part film, part live performance art, part experimental theatre.  It harkens back to the days of Andy Warhol and one of his avant-garde films - The Kitchen.

The actors actually construct a live and unique movie before your eyes each night.  When you enter the theatre you get to walk onto the set behind the large screen that you are about to watch for the next 100 minutes so that you have an image in your head as to what's going on behind the screen.  As the performance progresses, the actors emerge from behind the screen and pull several audience members into the scene and the actors end up in the audience.  I don't think I would believe me if I told myself this odd tale - so instead, I'm going to post a video from the Gob Squad website as the best evidence as to the remarkable job this acting troupe has done in producing unique entertainment every single night!

Watch it Full Screen if you can - you'll get the "full effect" of this amazing experience.