title

title
Photo by Don Kellogg

Thursday, September 1, 2005

The Musical of Musicals - The Musical!

A complete and total satire of, you guessed it, the musical! The plot (five times) is very simple:

"The rent is due" - "I can't pay the rent" - "You have to pay the rent" - "I won't pay the rent" - "You must pay the rent" - "Ok,I'll pay the rent".

Each time the "story" is "told" in a different style/genre of musical theater (Rodgers & Hammerstein, Stephen Sondheim, Andrew Lloyd Weber, Jerry Herman, Kander & Ebb). Now i consider myself a complete theater whore - but even tonight, i found myself longing for the company of my good friend Dennis Larkin - the only person I know who might have laughed harder than me (and gotten more of the references!) and he would have explained all the ones i missed after the show!....

This show was filled with double (and triple and quadruple) entendre, plays on words, puns, twisted and clever lyrics set to ever so familiar music of the "masters" - and most of all - laughs!